Sunday, March 1, 2009

Am I seeing things?

Well I have been hit with THE worst flu bug I think I've ever had in my life! It has lasted for what seems like an eternity and it was so bad my skin actually hurt to the touch! But Praise God I'm starting to feel better!
In fact yesterday, I woke up with energy and decided to finally go buy that much needed printer and hard drive. So Abigail and I got dressed and headed out the door...I needed to check the mailbox so we went out the front door and headed to the car. As we were rounding the corner towards my car a large truck was rounding the other corner at my car heading towards us. I said in a puzzled voice..."I saw a lion."
Abigail wisely said "What?" and then we stood there while the truck neared and there in the back in 3 huge cages was a lioness, a huge lion and a chilled out tiger!! Not even a foot from my face was this huge lion and he was staring at me! Probably thinking...LUNCH!
Seconds pass as our eyes just followed this site down and around the corner and then it dawned on me..."ahhhh, the circus is in town" and so it is. But still you don't see that everyday now do you? Abigail is over it already and doesn't understand why I think it's such a big deal. But heck she's 9 and she saw it and I'm ....well .... I'm older than she is, and I'm just NOW seeing it. I mean it is one thing at a zoo or a circus when you're going expecting it, it's another thing all together when you're just walking to your car!

Anyways, only in Europe! Got to love it!

No comments: